Welcome to Wordster!
My name’s Liz Hedgecock and I write books. Mysteries, mostly. I started out writing very short stories – flash fiction, usually under 500 words. The stories started to grow longer. And then the murders began…
I’ve written a few books now featuring a certain Sherlock Holmes (although he isn’t always quite the Sherlock Holmes that Dr Watson presents), but I’ve also embarked on a contemporary cozy mystery series, Pippa Parker Mysteries. It felt very strange to have characters wearing jeans and texting each other! If you want to know more about my books, click here.
This website is where I keep all manner of bits and pieces. I suspect it’s the equivalent of the kitchen drawer, although I wouldn’t like to say which section corresponds with the ball of green twine…
Where to go next? You can:
- Find out more about me…
- Read and follow my blog, which is mostly about writing and books but sometimes about random items such as strange marketing emails, crayons, creative homework, or pictures of tram stops. You have been warned!
- Sign up for my regular newsletter.
- Delve into my books (check out the free samples in the page footer!)
- Read some of my other published short stories or non-fiction
- Find out more about the freelance writing and editing services I offer, or my thick-skinned publishing alias, White Rhino Books
- Contact me, either via the webform or on Twitter at @lizhedgecock
The photo above was taken by me at the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich.