Choosing an editor can be tricky. Here are some reasons to contact me!
- Unless I’ve edited for you before, I will ALWAYS do a free one-hour sample edit. This enables both of us to see whether I’m a good fit for your work. It also means that I can give you an estimate of how long your edit is likely to take and how much it will cost.
- I’m very clear about what I do and don’t edit. I won’t take on an editing assignment outside my skillset, so if I do a sample edit for you and I don’t think I’m the right fit, I’ll be honest about it. I may recommend that you consider a manuscript development report instead.
- While I’m a nice person (of course!), I’m also picky. I’m the sort of person who notices errors in traditionally published books. I WILL pick up typos, wrong words, anachronisms, clunky sentences, and inconsistencies.
- I have gained experience not just through editing my own fiction, but also during my former career in the corporate side of the NHS. I was *that* person who proofed documents, double-checked newsletters, rewrote reports to get the main points into half the space…and now you can benefit from that!
- As of December 2022, I’ve written and published twenty novels and co-written six more, as well as novellas, novelettes, and short stories. I also read widely and have a degree in English Language and Literature and a master’s degree in Victorian Literature. I know about books!