***Contact me for a free, no-obligation half-hour chat on Zoom***
Are you in a writing or publishing rut?
Maybe you’re new to writing and unsure how to progress with your great idea…
Maybe you’re stuck halfway…
Maybe you’ve finished your first draft and you’re wondering how to turn that into a finished, polished book…
Or maybe you’ve written a book (or more than one) but you can’t find your readers…
Have you considered book coaching?
A book coach can assist with all sorts of things. Some examples are:
- Defining your writing goals
- Refining a book concept
- Developing an outline
- Strengthening a story arc
- Working on character development
- Finding the best way to write for you
- Providing feedback on writing
- Deciding the best path to publication
- Providing advice on finding readers
- Signposting writing and publishing resources
- Offering a supportive environment for discussion
- Suggesting marketing/promotion approaches
It depends on what you want and need.
What you can expect from me:
First of all, while I’ve been coaching on an informal basis for some time, this is a new offering for me, so what is below may change!
The first step is to contact me with a little information about what sort of support you’re looking for. Don’t worry if you’re not sure what you want; we can discuss via email.
From there, we’ll arrange a no-obligation free half-hour session on Zoom; I’ll send you an invite. At that session, we’ll discuss what sort of coaching you would find helpful, and how often you would like it. I don’t mind if you just want an occasional hour (or even half-hour) to pick up on specific things, or if you would like to book a session every month or two to move your project along.
I can be flexible regarding scheduling, but please note that I am UK-based and operate on UK time!
After the first free session, coaching rates are £25 per hour or £13 per half hour, payable in advance. If you need to cancel or postpone a session that’s fine, but please give me as much notice as you can.
***NB: Coaching rates will increase to £27 per hour or £14 per half hour from April 1, 2023***
Why choose me to work with you?
- I’ve navigated the maze of writing and publishing myself. I began writing seriously in 2015, and since then I have written and published over twenty novels in a variety of series. I write mysteries of various kinds, both historical and contemporary, and you can see my books and read my reviews at Amazon or Goodreads. During those years I’ve learnt a lot about writing, plotting, editing, self-publishing, and attracting readers – and yes, I’m still learning! I’ve read books, I’ve taken courses, I’ve learnt by doing, and I’d be very happy to share what I’ve learnt with you.
- If I don’t think I can provide what you need – for instance, if you write in a genre I’m unfamiliar with – I will be honest about that and recommend that you work with someone else.
- I also edit in a variety of genres (see CopyRight Editing for more details), so you can trust me with your work.
- Before I became a writer, I spent several years working in training and development in the National Health Service (NHS), including undertaking coaching and mentoring training. I will offer you a supportive environment to discuss your work, and also, when appropriate, aim to challenge you.
“My coaching sessions with Liz are really helpful with every aspect of being an author. She’s friendly and open and we can talk about anything. She has a wealth of knowledge, not only on the creative side but with marketing too. I can’t recommend her enough.”
“I highly recommend Liz to anyone looking for a coach to guide them through their writing journey. Liz is a great communicator who makes you feel completely at ease and confident about the journey ahead. In one short session we created a series of action plans for the year, full of realistic goals with a breakdown as to how I could achieve them. As a writer and editor, Liz brought her experience to the table, offering guidance, support, and resources. Not only has she been there and done it herself, she genuinely cares about helping others craft their writing and career.”
If you’d like to know more, contact me to arrange a chat on Zoom.
Featured image: Photo by Hannah Wei on Unsplash
One thought on “Coaching”
Pingback: 2022 and all that: a review of my writing and publishing year – Liz Hedgecock