Ready to see what the third Pippa Parker mystery looks like?
On the count of three…
Wait for iiiiiit…
I’ve been wanting to post this cover for a while, but I resolved not to until I’d sent the book out to beta readers. However, as I finally packed A Fete Worse Than Death off yesterday, here it is!
Here’s the cover next to the first two in the series:
This cover, like the one for Murder in the Choir, wasn’t difficult to do; the challenge was mostly about finding the right graphics. The hall you will recognise from the first cover; the real sticking point was the cake! I had set my heart on a nice round jam sponge, but nothing was quite right. After exhaustive research, I chose the cake shown, and then I painted on some extra oozing jam. It’s definitely jam. Couldn’t be anything else…
These credits will reappear in the book acknowledgements, and I’ve also added links to the graphics. The cover was created in the wonderful GIMP image editor.
- DEATH font: Edo Regular by Vic Fieger (freeware)
- Serif font: Nimbus Roman No9 L by URW++ (GNU General Public License v2.00)
- Script font: Dancing Script OT by Impallari Type (SIL Open Font License v.1.10)
All fonts available from FontSquirrel
- Hall: Fort by nightwolfdezines
- Tree: taken from Free Tree vector by nightcharges (edited and recoloured)
- Cake: taken from Cake and Dessert Vectors (yum) by Natalka Dmitrova – see if you can spot where I’ve added jam!
- Plate: actually listed as a dog bowl
- Tent: Circus Tent by freevector
- Bunting: taken from Set of lines of buntings by happymeluv (I recoloured the flags to make the lettering easier to see)